Our investments are about more than brick-and-mortar; they foster meaningful relationships and promote vital social engagement.
We are intentional and thoughtful about how our properties fit within neighborhoods, considering location, design, and affordability.
Middleburg develops properties for the long term. As an operator, we know what a difference quality construction and materials make in operating expenses and long-term value, That is why we focus on quality amenities, large residences, energy efficiency, and timeless design to create long-term value for our investment partners.
Our Development Strategy
- Develop high quality apartment communities that leverage national demographic and macroeconomic trends, driving rental apartment demand above historical trendlines for the foreseeable future.
- Focus on surface parked infill and garden style properties with luxury amenities and finishes, but affordable to a broader range of potential residents.
- Target rapidly growing markets in the Southeast that demonstrate both historical and forecast population and employment growth significantly higher than national averages, which directly correlates to increased rental housing demand.
- Select sites with unique, difficult to replicate attributes including walkable retail, close proximity to major employers, and/or outstanding accessibility
We look to a long term investment horizon
- Investing more upfront to ensure high quality, energy efficient and operationally efficient communities
- Avoiding niche trends that quickly become dated and obsolete
- Focus on maximizing long-term, after-tax cash flow and value creation